Founded in the spring of 2005, Minnesota International NGO Network (MINN) serves to connect all international humanitarian and development practitioners and supporters based in Minnesota through education, networking, and information resources. Whether one is new to the world of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) or a seasoned veteran, MINN is the forum to connect with colleagues and stay up-to-date of what NGOs based in Minnesota are doing around the world.
About the Job
The primary purpose of the Volunteer Coordinator is to provide support for the MINN Summit and Program Committee Co-Chairs by managing communication with potential volunteers and onboarding of new volunteers; and other business needs as identified by the MINN Board of Directors. This position averages 5-10 hours per week and is unpaid. It is a leadership position within MINN and a great opportunity to make a big difference for a volunteer-run organization. The position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the volunteer committee Co-Chairs.
- Ability to work independently, show attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A one year commitment.
- Prior experience coordinating volunteers for a nonprofit, for-profit, or governmental agency.
- Prior experience with MINN, either through attending events or through volunteering.
Search out and communicate with potential volunteers (40%)
- Monitor the volunteer web form and reply to interested volunteers.
- Communicate with potential volunteers about the specific volunteer prerequisites (to attend at least one MINN event, to read the volunteer manual, and to understand the expectations of their role).
- Determine the strengths and interests of potential volunteers who have met the prerequisites, and meet with them to outline available roles.
- Promote MINN volunteer opportunities on other websites and at community events that relate to volunteerism in Minnesota.
Onboard volunteers (10%)
- Agree on a role for each volunteer that matches interests, needs, availability, and acknowledges the required time commitment outlined in the volunteer manual.
- Distribute and collect a signed volunteer agreement from all new volunteers.
Ensure that volunteer roles within the Summit and Program Committees are filled (30%)
- Maintain a master list of volunteer roles that need to be filled on each Committee, communicate with the Committee Co-Chair as needed to keep the roles updated, and update the list and the Co-Chair when a role has been filled.
- After onboarding, facilitate the introduction of the volunteer to the Committee Co-Chair who will be their point person and who will give them details about the next meeting time/location.
- Communicate changes in committee members to Communications Manager.
Update and manage the database of MINN volunteers (10%)
- Maintain a list of active and non-active volunteers and contact information in SalesForce.
- Communicating with the MINN Board about volunteer coordination and suggested updates to procedures.
Coordinator volunteer recognition activities (10%)
- Collaborate with the MINN Board Volunteer Working Group on planning the annual recognition event and periodic efforts towards recognition throughout the year.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with subject line "Volunteer Coordinator Position" to MINN Board Member Rachel Satterlee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those who submit by March 31st.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week
- Minimum of 1 year commitment