Date: March 31, 2017 Time: 12 - 5 PM Location: 2195 Cunningham Avenue, San Jose, CA 95122
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Silicon Valley is excited to announce multiple volunteer opportunities for our 2017 Hackathon. During this Hackathon, students in grades 4-8 will be rotating through three stations to learn coding, engineering, science. They will compete at each station to collect raffle tickets and win cool raffle prizes.The three activities students will be working with are:
- Designing & Building a Windspinner with Arduino
- Lighting up LEDs with Raspberry Pi 3
- Programming Robots with Dash
- Group Mentor: guide a team of 4-5 students through each activity. You will work with the same students throughout the whole day. We will provide an additional 2 hour training prior to the event.
- Station Master: lead a station by explaining the activity and rules for teams as they rotate through. You will give an introduction of the activity, give a quick demonstration, and also give out raffle tickets. We will provide an additional 2 hour training prior to the event.
- Speaker: Give a 5-10 minute speech before the Hackathon begins to our students about tech. This can be your experience, or something cool happening in the tech industry, etc.
2017 Hackathon Volunteer Form
BGCSV Hackathon Flyer *scroll all the way down
- Child Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- System Engineering
- Youth Services
- Computer Science
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one day !
- Sony Movie Studio Software...
- Have a passion for ART or MUSIC?...
- Edenvale Clubhouse- Power Hour...
- Specialized Activity Leader or...
- ♥Arts & Cultural Enrichment...
- Education & Career Development...
- Bilingual Power Hour...
- Tech Challenge Team Adviser
- Power Hour Homework Smasher!! -...
- Stipe Elementary School...
- Yoga Instructor for Kids
- Volunteer as a one-to-one tutor...
- BGCSV Hackathon Volunteers
- Dance Coach @ the Stipe Clubhouse