Alzheimer's Association seeks Education presenters and bilingual presenters in Eugene area
4 people are interested
The job of the Education Program Volunteer Presenter is to deliver community
education programs developed by the Alzheimer’s Association, using scripted curricula,
PowerPoint presentations and other prepared training materials provided by the
Association. All topics are related to Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias as well
as the information that affected individuals and families need. Presenters are expected
* Successfully complete the Volunteer Presenter Training course, as well as
individual preparation for each presentation
* Make themselves available to provide not less than six presentations per year
based upon chapter need
* Arrive on time and present all programs for which they volunteer
* Complete all required program records and return them to the chapter program
office within one week of the program
* Provide feedback to the chapter concerning any questions or suggestions to
promote communication and continuous process improvement
* Refer attendees to the resources and programs of the Alzheimer’s Association
* Act at all times as a trusted representative of the Alzheimer’s Association
Education programs may be held at Association offices or at another venue as
determined by the needs of the chapter and participants.
In order to fulfill the demands of the role, prospective education program presenters
are required to have:
* Effective presentation skills and a strong knowledge of the subject matter to be
taught, including familiarization with handout materials
* Ability to present curriculum developed by the Association and commitment to
remain faithful to the program content
visit volunteer.alz.org to apply!
About Alzheimer's Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
1650 NW Naito Pkwy, #190, Portland, OR 97209, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter is part of the Alzheimer’s Association, the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. From its offices in Portland, Eugene, Bend and Medford, the Oregon Chapter provides education and support for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, as well as their families and caregivers. In addition, it offers local support groups, early-stage engagement programs, community education classes and a 24/7 Helpline (800-272-3900).
We'll work with your schedule.
1000 Willagillespie Avesuite 100Eugene, OR 97401
- Teaching / Instruction
- Elder care
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours per month