Ideal schedule: Wednesdays and Fridays 12:00-3:00pm, but flexible
Assist clients with finding gainful employment, including:
- Assist career coach by helping clients with job-related English language training, mock interviews and job application completion. Most of the client work will be one-to-one.
- Conduct job searches tailored to participants’ needs.
- Provide administrative support including cdata entry and filing to maintain client information.
- Related experience is welcome, but training will be provided.
- Interest in working with people of various linguistic, cultural, religious, ethnic and national backgrounds.
- Commitment to learning techniques for providing effective services to support job outcomes to immigrants.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred as most clients are native Spanish speakers.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Flexibility-responsibilities will vary on a day-to-day basis.
- Empathy for the challenges faced by participants of learning a new culture and a new language.
- People Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 6 hours per week, 3 month minimum
- Bilingual English/Haitian-Creole...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant,...
- Outreach help needed for new...
- Computer tutor for students in...
- ESOL teaching assistants for...
- Career Coach Assistant, East...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant, Lynn
- Teaching assistant for...
- Teach ESOL class for Haitian...
- Teaching assistant for Bank...
- ESOL teaching assistant, East...
- Career Coach Assistant, Lawrence