Do you have a passion for helping children in need?
If so, the San Diego Chapter of Childhelp is looking for a new Membership Chair. This is a Board position for the chapter. We are seeking a person who is passionate about helping children in need and wants to support the chapter in our efforts to bring the Mission of the national Childhelp organization to San Diego. This position requires someone who enjoys talking to people and communicating the message of our mission. Below are responsibilities of the position and as a Board Member you must be available to attend Board Meetings and vote on chapter initiatives. The position would require an average of approximately 3-6 hours a week.
Purpose: With the assistance of the Chapter members, invite candidates into membership and maintain the membership roster and mailing list.
- With the help of the Chapter membership, develop a strong and loyal group of new members. Work with a membership committee to plan a "membership gathering" for prospective new members, inviting the Chapter members and the Regional Chapter Director. Send a letter to all prospective members inviting them to attend an orientation meeting to become acquainted with the history, mission, programs, and future plans of Childhelp.
- With the help of a committee, guide and assist the new members during their first year. See that all new members understand their responsibilities and are active in the affairs of Childhelp, at all times stressing that they are an important part of the organization. As needed, set up a special meeting prior to the general membership meeting for a question-and-answer session for new members.
- Inform new members of all tour dates set to visit a local or out-of-state Childhelp facilities or activities/events.
- Compile and update a computer database of all addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses from your Chapter members on the approved spreadsheet from National office. Any changes, revisions, deletions, or additions should be forwarded to the Regional Chapter Director on an ongoing basis for continual updating of National’s master roster.
- Ask members to provide their personal guest list for upcoming Chapter events. Keep this list on a separate spreadsheet.
- In April, send a membership form to all existing members requesting payment of membership dues for the upcoming year, including a pre-addressed envelope. Forms and envelopes are available from National Headquarters.
- In late summer, chapters finalize their specific chapter membership lists and forward to National. National will consolidate all individual chapter rosters into one document and electronically distributed to each of the chapters. Hard copies should be printed for those without email.
- Follow up with members who have not sent in their membership form and dues.
- Stress to members that the roster must only be used for Childhelp purposes and not personal use.
For more information and details about the organization you can look at our webpage at www.childhelp.org.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Average of 3-6 Hours a week