Canine Companions for Independence is looking for Sponsorship Committee members to solicit and secure sponsorships for the 2017 DogFest DFW event. 2017 will mark the 3rd annual event. Sponsorship Committee members must be available to meet once a month for committee meetings and have availability to solicit sponsors, teams and participants. Position description is below but subject to change. Sponsorship Committee candidates will need to meet with Sponsorship Chair before being accepted for the position.
- Committee members to divide and conquer splitting up the prospect list, dividing prospects by sector (e.g. companies, small businesses, community organizations) or by geographic location
- Determine target list of potential sponsors and amount of ask.
- Ask all Committee Chairs and committee members to provide a list of local businesses and contact names that the Sponsorship Committee may approach for a sponsorship.
- Become familiar with the sponsorship levels and benefits so you know what levels are available and what benefits are offered at each level.
- Meet with potential sponsors to secure sponsorships ($) and teams (participation). Notify Participant Recruitment Chair of any sponsor teams created.
- Follow-up with sponsors to ensure they are engaged in DogFest and their expectations are met.
- Ensure proper recognition is given to sponsors before, during and after DogFest based on the benefits associated with their sponsorship level.
- Track progress towards the $15,000 sponsorship goal and keep committee updated.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Sales Marketing
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 Hours