Purpose of Position
The Volunteer Coordinator works with Group leadership to develop and implement programs for volunteer identification and recruitment to support various activities, programs and office functions.Responsibilities
- Work with Group chair and leaders to develop a monthly calendar of volunteer needs. Create a plan and budget, if needed, to meet the objectives of the plan.
- Promote and publicize volunteer opportunities to the Club membership and the public through the Chapter/Group newsletter(s), the web, volunteer and member contacts, general meetings, and other appropriate means.
- Collect inquiries from interested members and potential volunteers, contacting them, only if needed to assess skills and interests. Match volunteers to their areas of interest by connecting them to relevant committees and leaders. Follow up with these committees and leaders to assess their follow through with the volunteer, as well as, the volunteer's performance.
- Encourage entry-level volunteer tasks and jobs, in all areas of the chapter/group, to facilitate the engagement of less experienced potential volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer database and update monthly calendar of volunteer needs.
- Create a culture of volunteer recognition and appreciation. To do this, create a system of rewards and recognition.
At a minimum, collect pictures and write articles of volunteers in action, as well as, recognizing distinguished volunteer achievements, to publish in the chapter/group newsletter and website, outside media and to show at volunteer recognition events.
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 5-10 hours a week