The Plant Exchange ( www.theplantexchange.org ) encourages reuse, recycling and organic living. This community-wide free event is where gardeners, landscapers, urban farmers, and beginners come to exchange plants, equipment and information about ways to make our urban environment more sustainable, aesthetic, and healthy.
The event is Saturday, March 25th at 4500 Lincoln Ave. from 12-4pm but volunteers are needed in 3 and 4-hour shifts from 7:30am to 6:00pm. We offer a variety of fun volunteer roles with activities like:
restocking plant tables,
helping the master gardeners ID plants,
loading and unloading plants from cars,
setting up signage,
interviewing attendees, and more!
We also need creative types for photography and videography.
See http://theplantexchange.com/volunteers/ for more details, email email@example.com , or call (510) 866-8482.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-hour shifts
- Volunteer at a Fun Community...
- Help us raise money!
- Fundraising 8-Week (Part Time)...
- 3-Month Development and...
- Help the Free Plant Exchange
- Like to garden? Help interview...
- Help Give Away Plants - For Free!
- The Oakland Plant Exchange needs...
- Marketing & Communications...
- Videographer and video...