Nothing is more rewarding than feeding people! Help deliver groceries and fresh meals from the Chicken Soup Brigade kitchen and warehouse to our home-bound clients. Deliver groceries in your neighborhood on your way home from work (there is no need to return to Lifelong when you are done with your route), or become a 'perma-sub' and try a new place each week!
Current Needs in Renton:
- Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm: Fairwood/Maple Valley
Commitment: 1 shift/week for 3 months.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years or older, have a driver’s license, and a vehicle with proof of insurance. Volunteers are responsible for paying for gasoline.
Looking for a meaningful volunteer position but unable to commit regularly?
Lifelong is currently seeking volunteers interested in becoming Substitute Food Delivery Drivers for the Chicken Soup Brigade Food Program. Sub drivers will be contacted in the case that a regular driver is unable to cover a route. Sub drivers must be able to commit to at least one delivery shift per month. We email you, and if you can pick up a shift then simply respond to the email. If not, no worries! Just ignore the email.
Sounds like the right volunteer spot for you?
Fill out a volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2050737286
We’ll get back to you ASAP!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week for 3 months
- Must have access to a personal vehicle
- Ride-along Food Delivery...
- Deliver Meals to Home-bound...
- Summer Opportunities for Youth
- Thrift Store Volunteers Wanted!
- Sunday Kitchen Helpers Needed
- Deliver meals to seniors in...
- Deliver healthy meals &...
- One-time Kitchen Helper - July 29
- Bi-lingual (Vietnamese/English)...
- Help make healthy meals today!
- Food Pick-Up Center Volunteer
- Group Opportunities - Help make...