This is for those 55+!
Your voice matters. Sight Seer Radio provides broadcasting to be heard by more than 32,000 individuals with visual impairment throughout Michigan. They are located in Grand Rapids and have been providing this service for over twenty years. All done by volunteers!
It offers Internet-based reading services for patients in hospitals, homes and long-term rehabilitation facilities. The station reads stories from local, state, national and international newspapers and books. Its news resources include Grand Rapids Press and Kalamazoo Gazette. The station also reads articles from various magazines, such as Money Matters, Reader s Digest and Science World. It works in association with Disability Associates, AT&T Intellectual Property and Opportunities Unlimited. The station airs the Focus on Features, Psychology for Today, You and the Law, And You and Your Pets programs. In addition, Sight Seer Radio reads autobiographies and travel, nature and adventure stories.
You can volunteer as often as you like or once a month - the choice is yours! Everything is pre-recorded and then edited prior to broadcasting. Easy, free and convenient parking is available, elevator accessible to studio and wonderful people waiting to train you!
- Literacy / Reading
- Elder care
- Public Speaking
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 Hours per month
- Read, clear speech, reliable, complete background check
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Library Art Atendant
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Wyoming VIP Today!
- Your Voice Is Heard!
- Become a VIP and help your...
- Indoor VIP Wanted!
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Help the Community at Community...