Events Administrative Coordinator
18 people are interested
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Global Paint for Charity seeks an energetic volunteer or Intern to manage the organization’s event logistics, communications, schedules, and office management. The Events Administrative Coordinator will assist the Events team with a variety of administrative and operational tasks in support of organizational events/initiatives. The Events Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to the local, national and international Events team.
- Along with the PR and Marketing Coordinator set up all new events schedules in approved format.
- Coordinate the events’ schedule, organize meetings, create presentations and process all arrangements for the events.
- Assist the Executive Team with the fulfillment and following up with event hosts, organizers and sponsorships.
- Manage and maintain the events electronic materials and hard copy of documents.
- Provide the executive team an analysis of criteria for new and on going events.
- Assists and supports the team with research, database, clerical, technical tasks including Board reports and other analysis as requested.
- Assist with logistics of event activities, such as committee meetings, RSVP tracking, decor and theme of events, auctions, shipping of event materials and other activities.
- Assist the Executive team in reviewing and making recommendations for contracts as they relate to events. Responsibilities include coordination of marketing needs, catering, transportation, and accommodations.
- Responsible for pre and post event information on social media.
- Manage and maintain processing forms for donations received.
- Provide Web Department event updates for event pages and social media outlets.
- Supply ordering as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a passion for paint, colors and for helping the poor
- Minimum of 10-12 hours per week.
- Demonstrate skills and experience in fundraising
- Experience with planning and implementing communications and marketing strategies desirable
- Excellent verbal, presentation and relational skills; proficient research and writing skills; sound time-management practices; a high degree of professionalism with internal and external audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Ability to organize materials, pays attention to details, and meets deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
- Ability to write in creative, descriptive, technical or factual manner
- Work in a positive, team-oriented, and professional manner with all organization staff while executing events
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
- Knowledge: proficiency with personal computers and software applications, including Word, and Excel; general familiarity with office equipment
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and poise.
The World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control estimated that 3 million children die each year from diarrhea and bad germs on interior surfaces including unpainted walls and unsanitary conditions, also mosquito viruses result in the deaths of more than 6 million people every year. And just one touch of a latex paint on the wall is to become the latest solution to reduce the number of deaths by 75% in developing countries every year.
Nearly 150 million gallons of paints end up as waste in The United States, United Kingdom, Canada and New Zealand combined. At the same time, nearly 2.5 billion people in developing countries live on less than $2 a day can’t save enough to buy a gallon of paint. When people paint their home or a plant is closed, they have a lot of "paint." Unfortunately, some of this "paint" is perfectly new or half-full that could be donated to community in need rather than thrown away. Today, we've mobilized over 200 companies across 25 states in the U.S. and 5 countries to donate their non-consumable paint for our humble cause.
Although Global Paint for Charity has made tremendous progress in its mission, the lack of paint in many developing countries remains a true challenge. In many countries people are cutting down of trees for firewood with stones and soil to make color powders to paint with, and fruits and vegetable (i.e. beets, lime, carrots etc.) have to be used to paint. This outdated practice existed hundred thousand of years ago, simply because people didn't have the today's technology to make paint. We all can agree, people who live on $2 a day should not have to use their fruit and food resources to beautify their homes. Global Paint for Charity works to help the underprivileged families that otherwise could not save enough to buy a bucket of paint by supplying the good quality of paint to reduce deforestation and eliminate outdated activities to make paint.
The Global Paint for Charity, Inc. ("GPC" or "Global Paint") is a notable 501(c) 3 non-profit organization works with companies, Home Improvement Retailers, households and manufacturers to salvage paint and supplies to change lives, transforms communities and protect the environment. The paint and supplies are then donated to various channels for construction, rejuvenation and beautification of schools, hospitals, churches, women’s centers and family homes in developing countries and certain communities in the United States. Through our Paint Project & Beautification programs, we have worked with local and international humanitarian, faith and community groups, and volunteers from many corporations to paint in neglected areas within our local communities.
At Global Paint for Charity, we believe a coating of paint on the walls can have a significant, positive, and powerful impact on people’s lives for many years to come. And we know that here in the United Sates people love colors. And colors are an essential component of success, creativity and commitment to arts and culture. But 1.6 billion individuals can't afford a gallon of paint to paint their home. The cost of a gallon of paint is simply too high.
It’s estimated that 80 percent of the world’s homes and schools face the dreary reality of unpainted walls, and more than 70 million children have never had access to a painted classroom. Thousands of gallons of paint can be shipped in sea containers paid for by contributions from generous people and corporations. Paint does not only make communities brighter, but it also protects against mold, bacteria and dangerous germs. The presence of which have a significant the health of less fortunate communities. And of course, the environment is better protected by recycling paint, instead of dumping it in landfills.
Please visit our web site at http://www.globalpaints.org to learn more about the mission, vision, and core values of our organization.
There is a huge need for paint in the world. Very many of the existing family homes, schools, churches, orphanages, and buildings that we have seen in 18 developing countries are in such a poor state of renovation and beautification that they are not only uninhabitable in the rainy season but also dangerously close to collapse. Together, we can bring hope, color, happiness, pride, encouragement, uplift the spirit of many underserved families living in slum areas and poor environmental conditions, put smiles on many faces in different continents one gallon at a time. We provide excellent feedback to all our partners and supporters, we constantly post photos of our achieved projects on our social media networks and Before and After Pictures Gallery.
Many of the communities that we help to rejuvenate and beautify have no electricity, clean drinking water, no toilets, in order to ensure sustainable development in these areas we are hoping to be able to offer additional items in these communities including solar powered electricity, clean drinking water and building of new toilets. This will ensure sustainable community and enable the use of computers as well as providing light in the evenings. Your help will make a real difference to people's lives around the world and help eradicate the causes and effects of poverty and sanitation.
Global Paint for CharityAtlanta, GA 30362
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 12 hours/week