WhoWhatWhy is a nonprofit that doesn't take ads. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask tough questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, meaningful work.
The Position: Operations Manager. You keep our entire operation running smoothly and coherently.
Please note that our organization is powered principally by volunteers, most working part-time on a consistent basis. This is a VOLUNTEER POSITION for a person who is reliable, self-motivated, creative, and passionate.
Learn how we function, then manage the Operations Department, one of our core units.
- Document, organize, and maintain projects and initiatives
- Record, analyze, and improve department performance
- Provide training and supervise other department personnel
- Communicate details of department's work to leaders of other departments
- Work alongside CEO and COO to strategize new growth and streamline operations for the organization
- 3-5 years experience in Operations field, at least 1-2 years of managerial experience
- Strong spoken and written English language skills
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Good at managing others
- PMP certificate preferred but not required
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Min 10 hours per week
- Passion for our cause - please study our website
- Apprentice Reporter
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- Social Media Content Manager
- HR Recruiter
- Investigate Threats to Democracy
- Apprentice Editor
- Marketing Representative
- Join Our Editorial Operations Team
- Recruiter with experience in...
- JFK Assassination Records...
- Business Analyst
- Social Media Marketing Strategist
- Operations Manager
- Experience Like No Other —...