The Accelerator YMCA is hosting their annual Passages Event!
Passages is an event that works in collaboration with DSHS to celebrate young people in foster care along with those in the Accelerator "Independent Living" Program, who have graduated from high school or obtained their GED. We typically acknowledge each young person in attendance, they each get a takeaway prize, and we have 1-2 young people who speak at the event to share their stories to the group.
Here are some primary tasks we could use volunteers for:
- Set up of room and decorations (3:30-5:30pm)
- Help with participant and guest sign-in at the registration table (5:30-7:30pm)
- Passing out prizes to participants (5:30-7:30pm)
- Clean up at the end (7:30-8:00pm)
We're looking for groups no larger than 5 individuals.
- Event Planning / Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible. Ideally 5 hours.