We want to digitize the magnetic letter board we use to teach sounds, words and spelling. We participated in #hack4good hackathon and were able to make a prototype. The prototype was built using the web development app called Xamarin. The prototype helped us see the possibility of what we could create.
We want to take it to the next step. Can you help?
Here are the features we know we would like to see:
- Swiping capability: moving letters anywhere on the board
- See and hear the sounds connected to each letter
- Create commands associated with long presses, swiping up, down, right, left, etc.
- Tracking each student’s correct/incorrect answers,
- Setting to turn off sound
- Reset button
- Ability to isolate sections of the board
- Read (and re-read) the words that are formed (you said ABC, I want BCA)
- Read 'alien’ or nonsense words phonetically correct
- Be able to save information (e.g. usage data; information about each user’s accuracy, etc.) and measure it over time (concepts mastered, needing work, missing)
- Mobile Programming
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment