Do you have a talent or hobby you want to share with the community? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for volunteers to facilitate recreational, social, or educational programming for our residents. Activities might include: arts & crafts, music, dance, board games, light exercise class, educational presentations, computer literacy etc. You will be supported by our Resident Services team to develop a suitable program.
Help us to prevent isolation among our residents, build friendships, and improve their quality of life.
- Facilitate an activity that residents can enjoy
- Be kind and courteous to all participants
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas
Qualifications & Requirements
- Comfortable working with a diverse population
- Commitment to the safety of residents
- Dependable & punctual
- Background checks are required
- Help someone remain in their own home & continue to live independently
- Meet new people
- Build community in Portsmouth
Length of Assignment & Time Commitment
Activities can meet biweekly, weekly, monthly, or once depending on your availability and the nature of the program. Day and time are flexible.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Physical Education
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check