Do you have a passion for supporting LGBTQ students in your community? Do you believe that all schools should be safe, affirming learning environments for all students? Would you like to organize fun events that empower and improve the lives of LGBTQ youth?
GLSEN Washington has an exciting opportunity for a new Regional Coordinator position for the Spokane area!
We are looking for a motivated, talented individual with a passion to further GLSEN's mission to ensure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. The Washington State chapter of GLSEN is localized into eight regions to best serve the state's LGBTQ student population with focused leadership that is representative of each area's unique needs. Each region is led by a Regional Coordinator responsible for furthering GLSEN's mission and implementing programming in the area.
With the strong support of the GLSEN Washington Board, the Spokane/Eastern Washington Regional coordinator is tasked with:
- Implementing programming and providing GLSEN resources that support high school and middle school LGBT student clubs in the Spokane area.
-Field professional development training requests from, and offer training resources to ESDs, School Districts, and Schools.
- Recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers to assist in these efforts.
- Building relationships and rapport to further GLSEN's mission with educators, students leaders, administrators, and members of the community.
- Building a team to organize fundraising campaigns.
- Guiding and promoting school participation in GLSEN National events including Day of Silence and "Ally Week".
- Organizing a local event for LGBTQ youth, such as a leadership conference or youth pride dance.
A qualified candidate will have the following:
-A passion for LGBTQ youth and educational topics.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
-Action-oriented and adaptable to fit the needs of the youth and educators we serve.
-Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
-Previous experience in Management, Marketing, and Fundraising a plus but not a requirement.
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours a week at minimum.