Fostering Hope Initiative is a program providing support to children and families in the community. FHI supports families by mobilizing volunteers in the community to provide crisis respite and social supports, providing means to overcome barriers for families as they improving their circumstances, and assisting familiies in identifying their own needs and then locating and accessing resources to meet those needs.
As a Fostering Hope Initiative Office Assistant, you will assist in every day tasks around the office. These might include:
- Filing documents and paperwork
- Preparing volunteer application packets and intake packets
- Putting volunteer and client information into the database
- Reviewing handouts, flyers, and application to ensure information provided is current.
- Documenting items donated
- Creating volunteer appreciation materials
The assitance that you provide can also be modified to fit your talents or skills you are hoping to learn.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Visual Arts
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours a week