40 people are interested
Public Relations Specialist for Non-Profit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
The Public Relations Specialist will develop and edit content to our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts)Responsibilities
- Writes for social media - ability to write and use social media platforms to help raise awareness
- Supports the Director of Communications with management of social media channels as necessary
- Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and AP style
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Communications and responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Knowledge of social media and public relations
- Experience in developing communication strategies, including social media platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Corporate Communication, Public Relations or Journalism degree preferred
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 25, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/day, Monday to Friday