During this event, you'll learn about why this plant is a threat to our native ecosystems, how to identify this invasive woodland weed, and how to pull it. Following a brief training, you'll work alongside Dakota County staff and other volunteers to hone your skills and prepare for the Garlic Mustard Challenge.
Following this training, you're encouraged to take the Garlic Mustard Challenge - commit to spending an additional 8 hours pulling garlic mustard in the park. Worried about the time commitment? Team up with friends and family to meet this goal.
May 2nd, 6-8pm
May 4th, 6-8 pm
May 13th, 9-11 am
Lebanon Hills Regional Park: Visitor Center
860 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55123 ( Driving directions)
Duties & Responsibilities
Learn how to safely and effectively remove this invasive species
Work with a team to remove Garlic Mustard from predetermined sections of the park
- Able to attend the full event
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be OK with getting a little dirty and being outside in nature
Minimum Time Commitment
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Training will be offered at the start of this event.
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- 2 hours for trainng, additional 8 hours
- National Get Outdoors Day: Clean...
- Parkrun: Your Local Weekly 5k...
- Keep Your Junk Out of Landfills,...
- Take-a-Kid Fishing
- Help the Red Cross Blood Donor...
- Remove Invasive Species from our...
- Get Rid of Your Household...
- Help Save the Bee Population in...
- Mother's Day High Tea Event
- Sun, Fun, Water, and Science?...
- Simple Steps Walking Program