Available Volunteer Opportunity: Provide Administrative Assistance
Locations: New Britain
Duration: Ongoing volunteers are needed twice a week for five to ten hours. A commitment of six months or longer encouraged.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Serving as primary contact for answering phone calls
* Maintaining contact lists such as provider referral lists and client contact information.
* Developing and maintaining filing system
* Sorting and distribuiting mail
* Providing general support to visitors
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer
* 18 years or older
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to postivitely interact with others
* Be reliable, patient and honest
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Consider Being an Administrative...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Provide Worship Music at...
- Do You Love Acting? Consider...
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Intake Assistance Needed!
- Are You Creative? Craft...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Help Advertise for...
- Are You Fun-Loving? Game...
- Help Prepare & Serve Food for...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!