Space Center Houston, owned and operated by the non-profit Manned Space Flight Education Foundation, is the official visitor center of NASA Johnson Space Center. The center features more than 400 space artifacts, attractions and theaters related to the exciting future and remarkable past of America’s human space-flight program. Join a dynamic team at this space and science learning center.
Currently, we are seeking adult volunteers to support the Educational Programs Department in welcoming students to Space Center Houston by providing frontline interaction immediately upon their arrival.
- Greet and interact with field trip visitors (including students, teachers, parents, and bus drivers) in a welcoming, friendly, inviting, and professional manner.
- Assist with group unloading, check in, ticket distribution, and daily schedules.
- Convey general information, educational program information, and field trip guidelines to all participants.
- Orient guests to Space Center Houston, including bus parking area, educational program locations, restrooms, and Zero-G diner or Picnic Park for lunch.
- Provide exceptional guest service when working with school groups and the general public.
- Maintain knowledge of current Space Center Houston attractions and exhibits.
- Log volunteer hours on a weekly basis.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Previous customer service or experience working with students and teachers preferred
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be courteous and personable when dealing with the public and enjoy interacting with people of all ages
- Able to accept supervision
- Must have ability to work independently, willing to take initiative, and be detail-oriented
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 4-hour shift per week.