Serving up to 2,500 campers ages 2-15 throughout the year, Curiosity Camp at the RMSC is always on the look-out for energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking volunteers to work with our camps. Volunteers will assist in the camp classrooms with projects, science experiments, add supervision on field trips and support in the classroom to the paid program staff.
Without this special group of dedicated people, the RMSC and Curiosity Camps would not be able to provide the campers with opportunities for discovery, growth, and inquiry into the sciences, technology, history, and the arts!
- No prior volunteer experience is necessary
- Volunteers must be 14 years old by June 26
- Experience working with younger children is recommended
Volunteer benefits include:
- Opportunity for up to 40 hours of volunteering per week
- Volunteer hours are applicable towards school credit/hours requirements
- Being a part of a FUN Rochester Museum & Science Center Team
- Becoming involved in an environment of life-long learning
- Development of work experience skills in an informal educational setting
- Summer Fun T-shirt
Please Note: We leave the number of weeks and which weeks during the summer that volunteers would like to help out up to them and their families. We do ask that our volunteers are willing to help out for a minimum of 2 weeks and that they help out Monday--Friday of the weeks they are available. For all Curiosity Camp Volunteer positions, all volunteers must attend a general orientation and participate in additional departmental training. At these trainings, volunteers are provided with the necessary tools and resources to be a successful part of the RMSC Curiosity Camp Volunteer Team.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment of 2 weeks
- Must be available Monday--Friday of the weeks they chose.