Volunteer Vice President Product management
The Volunteer Vice President, Product Management provides leadership in the product development and management, strategic direction, operational leadership, and execution for Women of Color On the Move. This person would also look at it at a local, state but also global product offerings when it comes to employment for the 21 st century worker. We are looking for a person willing to learn and be train also. Person would report to the CEO and Chief Technology officer.
This role will ensure that Women of Color on The move products and services are highly attractive, and relevant to current and prospective members within our community.
The Volunteer VP will be responsible for ensuring a seamless transition from strategy to execution in partnership with colleagues in technology, marketing, membership, events, research, and education within the organization. The Volunteer VP is expected to strengthen Women of Color on the Move innovation, competitiveness, and financial return through continuous improvement, and superior product offerings.
The Volunteer VP also drives planning and execution of a long term strategic plan in close collaboration with senior leadership and colleagues across other non- profits, organizations within the states. Conducts periodic reviews of member needs and technology capabilities, and compares those with the current for Women of Color On the Move product portfolio to identify offering gaps.
The ability to manage concurrent tasks and prioritize work based on the urgency of projects is required. This is a senior level position at WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE with responsibilities that frequently extend beyond the position description representing WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE as needed to internal and external audiences.
- Leading product strategy, product development, and continuous innovation
- Manages the successful launch, migration, and end of use transitions for versions of product offerings.
- Responsible for identifying new market opportunities, setting business and market requirements for new versions of offerings and working with cross functional teams to ensure a successful execution of the product strategy.
- Working closely with WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE colleagues and members, develops an extensive awareness of the WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE's strengths and weaknesses relative to market trends, market opportunities and competitive threats. Recommends adjustments to product strategies to maximize opportunities for top-line and bottom-line growth and leverages WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE's assets to compete effectively and increase revenue and profitability.
- Supports, encourages and fosters intelligent risk taking and innovation solutions to build and deliver new business models that improve impact of our products and financial performance.
- Works with cross-functional teams and technology staff to coordinate the timely completion of product requirements.
- Works with sales and marketing to create the positioning and marketing strategy, to be successful in the marketplace.
- Recommends changes to current operating approaches to maximize product offering performance.
- Develops systemic processes that are built into the overall planning processes--- by which we keep abreast of key trends, customer needs and 'thought leaders' in corresponding areas to identify opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years in product management-related positions with solid expertise in digital / online product marketing required
- Experience developing business cases for new products required.
- Must have strong analytical and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build product strategies and coherent business plans and oversee those products from conception through delivery
- Must be a strategic thinker who translates market trends and member needs into enduring product solutions.
- Must have capabilities to develop detailed requirement documents, clearly translating market needs into business requirements and through a collaborative effort with technology teams support the development of detailed technology requirements.
- Strong track record of developing partnerships, both internal and external, to the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Experience with creating and implementing "go-to-market" strategies as it relates to product development required.
- Ability to help in fundraising for the organization.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- see posting
- Volunteer Social Media Specialist
- Nonprofit Program Assistant...
- Non-Profit Internships
- Volunteer graphic designer
- Pro Bono Grant Writer
- Volunteer server Admin
- Volunteer Photographer/
- Intern Volunteer Web Project
- Volunteer Web developer
- Volunteer Marketing Manager
- Volunteer Receptionist
- Volunteer Program organizer
- Volunteer Board member Vice...
- WOMEN OF COLOR ON THE MOVE...