The Evaluation Intern will play a crucial role in implementing evaluation and program improvement cycles at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula.
What will you do?
- Support collection and analysis of school data from partner districts
- Support development and implementation of evaluation tools, such as surveys and observation tools
- Design and execute logistics on literacy assessments during the summer and school year, supporting school teachers as well as BGCP staff
- Compile literature review of out-of-school time research on literacy growth, STEM engagement , parent support, and learning strategies
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have?
- Strong research and data analysis skills
- Ability to manage competing demands and multi-task efficiently
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Excellent skills with and understanding of office (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently, while also being a dependable team player
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (BGCP), our business is changing lives. We are a vibrant, entrepreneurial nonprofit in the heart of Silicon Valley that is committed to partnering with schools to ensure the low-income youth of our community graduate from high school, ready for college and career. BGCP is the largest expanded learning time organization in Silicon Valley, serving 1,800 youth at nine sites in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Redwood City. In neighborhoods where ? of the youth drop out of high school, BGCP members learn the importance of education and become part of a community of learners, wanting and expecting to succeed in school.
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week (start/end dates flexible)
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Research and Evaluation Summer...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Data Entry Opportunity (Unpaid)
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer Youth ESL/English...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Grant Writing and Research...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- Event Planning Summer Intern...