Position: Event Planning Interns (unpaid)
Department: Human Capital
Time commitment: 20-30 hours per week (summer only), 40 hours the week of August 7-11 (training week)
We are in search of an Event Planning Coordinator to support the development of a week-long training conference for the 180 employees of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in project management, event planning, and vendor management.
What will you do?
- Develop project plan for logistics of training conference
- Coordinate logistics with all training and event vendors
- Manage invoice and payment for all contractors
- Develop and manage enrollment process for staff members
- Produce all printed materials, including welcome packet, training materials distribution, and online storage of event handouts
- Serve as Site Coordinator/Stage Manager for Be Great training week including welcoming trainers and managing session timing
- Support Events Manager in programming, decorations, materials preparation
- Assisting with other special projects related to the training week, etc.
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have?
- One year of related college or professional experience
- Fluency in Excel
- Proven track record of strong writing, research and presentation skills
- Detail orientated and strong time management skills
- Self-starter with an ability to collaborate effectively with a team
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (BGCP), our business is changing lives. We are a vibrant, entrepreneurial nonprofit in the heart of Silicon Valley that is committed to partnering with schools to ensure the low-income youth of our community graduate from high school, ready for college and career. BGCP is the largest expanded learning time organization in Silicon Valley, serving 1,800 youth at nine sites in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Redwood City. In neighborhoods where ⅓ of the youth drop out of high school, BGCP members learn the importance of education and become part of a community of learners, wanting and expecting to succeed in school.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hrs/week (June-July), 40 hrs/week in Aug
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Research and Evaluation Summer...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Data Entry Opportunity (Unpaid)
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer Youth ESL/English...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Grant Writing and Research...
- Help Kids at a Public Speaking...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- Event Planning Summer Intern...