YALDA US Personal Assistant to the President Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The YALDA US Personal Assistant to the President Intern is responsible for providing direct administrative and clerical support to YALDA US President in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
The position requires a person who is detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Normal working hours will be stipulated by the activities as determined by the schedule of work throughout the 6 months. We expect working hours to be no less than 5 hours and no more than 20 hours a week.
- Manage, create and edit email correspondence on behalf of YALDA US President using his/her own email account or the President's email accounts as directed
- Work with organizations such as the African Development Bank, UN Habitat, The African Union, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and YALI and keep the President abreast of all discussions and developments
- Manage YALDA US President Relationships Google drive excel and keep it up-to-date
- Update YALDA US President's task list using meeting minutes
- Assist YALDA US President with tasks related to YALDA i-Boot Camp 2018 including the following:
- Develop and finalise the i-Boot Camp fundraising proposal
- Complete and test the i-Boot Camp website and app with Theo etc
- Edit the delegate and speaker dossiers and all related forms related to dossiers
- Make sure the organizing team uses mail merge to send proper confirmation and visa request letters
- Send requests for partnership and sponsorship on behalf of the YALDA US President and keeping the excel up-to-date
- Sending speaker invitation letters and keep the YALDA US President speaker excel up-to-date
- Ensure all other YALDA US staff, interns and volunteers are performing their tasks on target and reporting any issues to the President
- Keep YALDA US President email accounts in order, labelling emails and filing them in the right folders
- Maintain YALDA US President Social Media accounts ensuring regular weekly posts with prior approval from the President
- Keep a calendar of the YALDA US President and schedule and organize conference calls or meetings for him or her as requested
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- General administrative support
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 20 hours a week