37 people are interested
YALDA US Personal Assistant to the Advisor Intern (REMOTE)
Please visit the new page to apply.
37 people are interested
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to expand your network by working directly with the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York or World Bank in Washington DC or globally once the pandemic is over? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded: "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by Harvard University students, who were born and raised in Africa, in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities and in Diaspora, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa by developing positive leadership skills and espousing an honest work ethic.
YALDA US works on: organising virtual events and trainings; keeping young people informed about positive development stories in Africa through social media; researching opportunities in Africa; fundraising activities; establishing and working with branches; maintaining relationships with UN and World Bank, and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit/NGO status.
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of Personal Assistant to the Advisor Intern reporting directly to the YALDA US Advisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The YALDA US Personal Assistant to the Advisor Intern is responsible for providing direct administrative and clerical support to YALDA US Advisor in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
The position requires a person who is detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Normal working hours will be stipulated by the activities as determined by the schedule of work throughout the 9 months. We expect working hours to be no less than 5 hours and no more than 20 hours a week.
- Manage, create and edit email correspondence on behalf of YALDA US Advisor using his/her own email account or the Advisor's email accounts as directed
- Work with organizations such as the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI and keep the Advisor abreast of all discussions and developments
- Manage YALDA US Advisor Relationships Google drive excel and keep it up-to-date
- Update YALDA US Advisor's task list using meeting minutes
- Assist YALDA US Advisor with tasks related to YALDA i-Boot Camp 2021 Virtual Summit including the following:
- Send requests for partnership and sponsorship on behalf of the YALDA US Advisor and keeping the excel up-to-date
- Sending speaker invitation letters and keep the YALDA US Advisor speaker excel up-to-date
- Ensure all other YALDA US staff, interns and volunteers are performing their tasks on target and reporting any issues to the Advisor
- Keep YALDA US Advisor email accounts in order, labelling emails and filing them in the right folders
- Maintain YALDA US Advisor Social Media accounts ensuring regular weekly posts with prior approval from the Advisor
- Keep a calendar of the YALDA US Advisor and schedule and organize conference calls or meetings for him or her as requested
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- General administrative support
- Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; administrative/clerical experience
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet browsers
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Must have good writing skills, organization skills, and have research skills
- Communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external individuals
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
- Looking only for candidates in the United States of America or the Diaspora
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote "Personal Assistant to the YALDA US Advisor" in the subject line.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA)
P.O. Box 402581, Gaborone, 0000, BW
Yalda provides a forum for youth on the African continent and those abroad with a commitment to the welfare of Africa. By networking with professionals, mentors and each other, members will increase their capacity to take on positive leadership roles in their universities, countries and on the continent. Through Yalda, members will implement their short and long-term visions for Africa.
The Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (Yalda) envisions an international network of inspired, empowered and proactive young African leaders who hold influential decision-making positions, are running their own organizations or companies, culminating in a prosperous and developed African continent.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 24, 2022
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 20 hours a week