Volunteers are vital to our success! In 2016, 500+ volunteers assisted in our programs and events giving over 5,000 hours of their time! According to the independent sector, the average volunteer is worth $23/hr. Using this estimate, SKSF has the saved the work value of roughly $115,000 in 2016 alone!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Assist during Parent’s Night Out at Zach’s Place held 2 nd Saturday of every other month 5:30-8:30pm. Set up/clean up, games, activities, craft projects, interacting with youth.
- Sibshops a monthly themed event just for brothers and sisters of children with developmental disabilities and special needs. Assistance with set-up/cleanup, activities & games.
- Interacting with adults/children at the program with reading, games, playing outside, singing, dancing
- Assisting staff with field trips & community outings
- Teaching a craft / music class / computer skills / cooking class
- Organizing craft / art supplies / toys and games - cleaning, sorting
- Outdoor/building maintenance: yard/landscape work, raking, repairs, painting, window cleaning, gardening
- Indoor cleaning/maintenance: window cleaning, floors/sweeping/vacuum, painting, general housekeeping
- Administrative/clerical: filing, shredding, copying, scanning, answering phones, computer work
- Transportation: assist/greet clients on/off bus at key times (9-10:30am, 2-3:30pm M-Th)
- Special Needs
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment