The East Boston Neighborhood Health Center is looking for caring and reliable mentors to provide a structured one to one relationship for children and teens from the community who are identified by their provider as in need of a mentor and/or tutor.
- serve as positive role model who will provide access to people, places, and things outside of the mentee’s customary environment
- Provide academic assistance and encouragement. Support mentee with personal and/or school identified learning goals-celebrate successes and help mentee navigate through academic frustrations.
- Through social interaction, build confidence, self-esteem, and social skills of mentee.
- Help mentee to reach goals suggested by mentee, health center provider, staff, teachers, or designed by mentor and mentee. (examples: school attendance, applying to college, self-care, volunteering, part time work, etc
Mentors will meet with their mentee once per week in the community or at the mentees home.
Our mentees come from many different backgrounds and prospective mentors should be comfortable in a diverse environment.
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Life Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a minimum one year committment
- Training, CORI, health screening