World’s End is 251 acres of trails, grasslands, woodlands and coastal areas that provide a myriad of locations for natural history interpretation. If you enjoy being outdoors, speaking with the public and sharing your love of nature . . . this volunteer opportunity is for you! The Trustees seeks Ambassadors to interact with the public while telling visitors about the history of the property, explaining the benefits of membership, promoting upcoming events and offering tips on how to reduce their impact on the environment while enjoying all the beauty of World’s End. Ambassadors are invited to bring their own dog to assist them on their rounds of the property, setting a good example for other four-legged friends. The ideal candidate is outgoing, cheerful, professional and knowledgeable in their work. Schedules are flexible, but we would prefer a once or twice weekly commitment of 3 months minimum, if possible.
* Express interest in this opportunity
* Welcome visitors
* Promote Trustees’ membership and events
* Offer exemplary customer service
* Interact with visitors and answer questions about The Trustees and World’s End
* Log volunteer hours
* Candidates should be comfortable interacting with the public
* Candidates should posses the talent and tact to answer questions patiently and appropriately
* Previous retail, hospitality, or customer service experience is preferred
* Candidates should have the ability to make guests feel welcome and important
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including unpaved roads, gravel and grass
Flexible hours; once or twice a week walk of the property, minimum 3 month commitment.
World’s End, Martin’s Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible hours, once or twice a week
- 3 month commitment preferred
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Story Time Volunteer - Powisset...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...