Tutor Me Program
22 people are interested
For the 2019-2020 school year, The Tutor Me Program is looking for high school and/or college students to provide our 1:1 tutoring and mentoring sessions four times a week, 1 hour each session. Benefits: high school students can claim Community Service Hours or Volunteer Hours for graduation. College students can complete their Practicum Hours, Internship, Volunteer, Federal Work Study Program, or any other service hours project.
We are looking to recruit students to provide our services to school age students, grades K-12 need academic tutoring assistance. Subjects covered: Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading/Comprehension, and ELA including general homework, study guides, and other academic needs. Recruit includes a training orientation, weekly 1:1 meetings, and an end of the semester report. More information to be given at orientation.
- Assist K-12 students in a 1:1 environment. Locations vary: either at a local library or their physical school location.
- Serve as a tutor/mentor/role model for one assigned student for one full semester. Sessions are 1 hour four times a week.
- Help answer students questions that they might have concerning their school materials: homework, study guides, test/exam materials, and/or any other projects assigned by their teachers/schools. Give positive feedback. Check for student organization. Be a listening ear.
- Assist with developing great study skill habits. Support individual student academic needs.
- Provide 110% participation in your tutoring sessions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old (high school student) can pass a background check.
- Must be available to tutor for four days a week, 1 hour each session.
- Able to explain subject concepts to student at their levels.
- Posses good organizational skills and be a leader.
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in: Math, Reading/Comprehension/Writing, Science, ELA, and Social Studies/History.
- Must attend Orientation Training.
11520 St. Charles Rock Road101BridgetonBridgeton, MO 63044
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week, per semester
- Willing to be committed our program per semester