The Tutor Me Program is an after school program where we provide tutoring and mentoring services for 2 hours a week. Currently, we are looking for helpful volunteers to provide our services to the underserved students (K-12) that live and attend school in low-to-moderate income level demographic areas. Our sessions mostly cover general homework, test studying, and other academic needs.
- Assist students with homework help or any other academic support/enrichment on a weekly basis and/or other school related assignments. Check for student organization.
- Serve as a consistent tutor/mentor/role model for assigned students for at least one semester in a 1:1 session.
- Review and report student’s academic pre-test and school grade reports.
- Help answer students’ questions as they are working through class material, homework, study guides, test/exam materials, and/or any other projects assigned by their teachers/schools.
- Offer assistance with developing study skill strategies for students.
- Lead your students’ success strategy sessions.
- Support individual student academic needs as assigned.
- Provide 110% participation in your tutor training and development sessions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be 18 years old or older and can pass a background check.
- Must have a passion in tutoring/mentoring and working with K-12 students from diverse backgrounds. Attend sessions at designed schools within school district at least 2-3 x a week.
- Able to explain concepts to others on their levels.
- Possess good organizational skills and complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in the 5 Common Core Subjects: Math, Reading, Science, English, and Social Studies/History. Writing is another area that you may need to assist in.
- Must be able to attend Orientation Training & 1:1 monthly meetings.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week, all school year or per semester
- Willing to be committed our program