For the 2018-2019 school year, The Tutor Me Program is an after school program that is looking for high school and/or college students to provide 1:1 tutoring and mentoring sessions twice a week, 1 hour each session. Benefits: high school students can Community Service Hours or Volunteer Hours for graduation and college students can complete their Practicum Hours, Internship, Volunteer, Federal Work Study Program, or any other service hours project needed.
We are looking to recruit students to provide our services to school age students, grades K-12 need tutoring assistance. Subjects covered: Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading/Comprehension, and ELA including general homework, study guides, and other academic needs.
- Assist students in a 1:1 environment either at a local library with their homework or any other school work pertaining to their education.
- Serve as a tutor/mentor/role model for one assigned student for one full semester. Sessions are 1 hour twice a week. Be a listening ear.
- Help answer students questions that they might have concerning their school materials: homework, study guides, test/exam materials, and/or any other projects assigned by their teachers/schools. Give positive feedback. Check for student organization.
- Assist with developing great study skill habits. Support individual student academic needs.
- Provide 110% participation in your tutoring sessions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be 15 years old (high school student) or 18 years or older & can pass a background check.
- Must be available to tutor for two days a week, 1 hour each.
- Able to explain subject concepts to student on their levels.
- Posses good organizational skills and be a leader.
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in: Math, Reading/Comprehension/Writing, Science, ELA, and Social Studies/History.
- Must attend Orientation Training.