Tutor Me Program
27 people are interested
Name of Organization: Smart Kids, Inc.
Description of Event/Opportunity: The Tutor Me Program
When: Tuesday - Friday, 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Where: For St. Louis County: 7606 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63121. For St. Louis City: KIPP Triumph Academy, 1409 Linton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63107
Other Information: We are looking for Student Tutors to tutor school age students, grades K-12. Tutoring session times vary from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Students are only asked to tutor 2 or 4 hours per week. This opportunity will only last until May 8, 2020. We could really use all the help we can get.
Contact Information: Renada Chandler, email@example.com , 314-884-1486. Visit www.smartkidsinc.org to learn more. Thank you.
For the 2019-2020 school year, The Tutor Me Program is looking for high school and/or college students to provide our 1:1 tutoring and mentoring sessions four times a week, 1 hour each session. Benefits: high school students can claim Community Service Hours or Volunteer Hours for graduation. College students can complete their Practicum Hours, Internship, Volunteer, Federal Work Study Program, or any other service hours project.
We are looking to recruit students to provide our services to school age students, grades K-12 need academic tutoring assistance. Subjects covered: Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading/Comprehension, and ELA including general homework, study guides, and other academic needs. Recruit includes a training orientation, weekly 1:1 meetings, and an end of the semester report. More information to be given at orientation.
- Assist K-12 students in a 1:1 environment. Locations vary: either at a local library or their physical school location.
- Serve as a tutor/mentor/role model for one assigned student for one full semester. Sessions are 1 hour four times a week.
- Help answer students questions that they might have concerning their school materials: homework, study guides, test/exam materials, and/or any other projects assigned by their teachers/schools. Give positive feedback. Check for student organization. Be a listening ear.
- Assist with developing great study skill habits. Support individual student academic needs.
- Provide 110% participation in your tutoring sessions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old (high school student) can pass a background check.
- Must be available to tutor for four days a week, 1 hour each session.
- Able to explain subject concepts to student at their levels.
- Posses good organizational skills and be a leader.
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing and encouraging learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in: Math, Reading/Comprehension/Writing, Science, ELA, and Social Studies/History.
- Must attend Orientation Training.
About SMART KIDS INC
10401 International Drive, Unit 243, SAINT ANN, MO 63074, US
We are committed to increasing the learning capacity of every child by helping them realize their full potential.
Founded in 2013, Smart Kids, Inc. (SKI) provides free after school tutorial and mentoring services, 3 hours a day/ 5 days per week to students in school districts within low-to-moderate income levels areas. SKI is a public 501(c)3 charity that is 100% dedicated to the success of the students that we reach. With the dedication of colleges/universities students, substitute teachers, volunteers, students and their families, our program is able to succeed.
Since 2013, our program has been successful in the: Jennings, University City, and the St. Louis Public School Districts including a long standing partnership with Saint Louis University.
We'll work with your schedule.
11520 St. Charles Rock RoadSte. 101BridgetonBridgeton, MO 63044
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 or 4 hour per week until May 8, 2020.
- Willing to be committed our program for the duration of the 2019-2020 school year.