Butterfly Pavilion Summer Teen Volunteers
Our Summer Teen Volunteers get the chance to build leadership skills, learn about our awesome invertebrates, assist day camp counsellors, and help our gardens grow, all while having a great time with their peers.
The summer will also include options for a service day on a Broomfield open space, a career path and resume training, and a field trip to another one of Denver’s great attractions.
- Exhibit Ambassador- Teen volunteers learn all about our animals and their habitats, as well as how to provide a great visitor experience in each of our exhibits. Shifts are any day of the week, 8:45 AM-1:00 PM, 12:45-5:00 PM or all day.
- Day Camp Assistant -Teen volunteers assist Camp Educators with at least one week-long summer camp (five consecutive 7-hour days, from 8:30 AM-4:00 PM,) building leadership skills over the course of the week while having a blast with our day campers!
- Horticulture Assistant: Teens work alongside our Horticulture staff and volunteers to keep our gardens and nature trail flourishing. Shifts are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 AM - 11AM.
- Age: 13-17.
- Commitment: at least 60 total hours by August 12th, with a regular weekly schedule.
- Interests: Teen volunteers should be willing to work with our animals and plants, answer questions, and actively interact with our visitors. Teens can volunteer on more than one track depending on their interests, abilities and availability.
All teen volunteers must be present at orientation from 9 AM - 5 PM on Saturday, June 3rd. Additional on-the-job training will be provided for individual positions.
To Apply: Applications are due by 5 PM on Monday, May 1st, 2016.
- Complete our online application at http://www.butterflies.org/teenvolunteers.
- Submit two letters of recommendation and a one-page essay explaining why you want to be one of our awesome teen volunteers to Julia McCleary, Volunteer Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will take place on the afternoon/evenings of May 10 th and 11 th. Please note that all applicants will be evaluated and the most qualified candidates will be chosen.
- Parent Information Night will take place from 5:30-7 PM on Wednesday, May 31 st.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 60 Hours
- Must be between the ages of 13-17
- You can help kids make memories...
- Volunteer with a Friend to Be...
- Got a green thumb (or wish you...
- Volunteer each week as an Animal...
- Summer Teen Volunteer Program
- Enhance guest experience - be a...
- Research and Conservation Animal...
- Beekeeping Volunteer
- Are you an animal lover?...
- Volunteer Program Aide
- Need a little more rainforest in...