Butterfly Pavilion Summer Teen Volunteer Program!
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Learn about awesome invertebrate animals and provide hands-on interpretation in our exhibits through the Butterfly Pavilion Summer Teen Volunteer Program!
Key Duties & Activities:
- Learn about invertebrate animals, their habitats, and the conservation issues they face, while gaining interpretation skills through a comprehensive training course.
- Interact with our guests of all ages, providing education and interpretation at a variety of interactive stations in Butterfly Pavilion exhibits.
- Assist in other Butterfly Pavilion operations including horticulture, guest surveys, newsletter writing, and youth programs. Options vary based upon schedule.
- Work independently to create a poster presentation about a volunteer activity or learning experience during your summer. At the end of the season, present your poster to staff, volunteers, and special guests.
- Attend engaging events including a kickoff party, field trip, skill building workshop, end-of-season awards, and more opportunities to explore your interests while having a great time!
- Must be 13-17 yrs of age AND in or entering high school in 2019.
- Have an interest in invertebrates, conservation, or education.
- Must be able to enthusiastically interact with Butterfly Pavilion guests of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- 60 hours of volunteer training and service between June 6 and August 8, 2019.
- A regular weekly schedule of one full day or two half days, totaling at least 8 hours per week.
- Attendance at orientation and training on Thu, Jun 6, 9:00am - 5:00pm* (*New Summer Teen Volunteer applicants MUST attend orientation and training on Thu, Jun 6, 9:00am - 5:00pm in order to participate.)
Apply by April 20th, 2019: Complete our online application and submit 1 letter of recommendation. Visit butterflies.org/participate/volunteer/summer-teen-volunteer-program/ to learn more and apply!
Please note that applications will be evaluated and the most qualified candidates will be chosen for interviews. All applicants will be contacted. Interviews will be held on May 2nd and 4th.
6252 West 104th AvenueWestminster, CO 80020
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Science
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 60 hours between Jun 6 & Aug 8. ***MUST be able to attend training on Thursday, June 6, 9:00am - 5:00pm.***
- Must be between the ages of 13-17 AND in or entering high school in 2019.