Are you an enthusiastic and skilled classroom instructor who is passionate about helping youth? PLUS + See Positive Program is recruiting for workshop Facilitator volunteers and we’d like YOU to join our team!
Workshop Facilitator Role Description: PLUS + provides a detailed overview of each workshop, which allows each facilitator to prepare a curriculum that will enhance, enrich and guidance to all workshop participants. Each workshop (6 in all) will require one hour of teaching & educating and 1 hour of interaction activities. The max amount of attendees per workshop will be 20 in addition to a support team of 4 mentors (per 5 mentees) to assist each facilitator. Facilitators will also be required to attend meetings, provide feedback about program implementation and be evaluated by the Director of Operations.
· Ensure that the See Positive curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives.
· Maintain classroom management within a class setting of high school age students.
· Expertly manage time during the course of the workshops to ensure that all aspects of the lesson plan are delivered.
· Relate to students about their personal aspirations, college and career options, and skills for success in school and life.
· Contribute feedback to other facilitators and Director of Operations.
· Must have classroom instruction experience, preferably working with the youth.
· Background in college access and/or youth development programs and life skills a plus.
Desired Personal Qualities:
· Good sense of humor
· Strong sense of presence in a classroom style
· Passion for helping youth, especially those who are disengaged , understand the connection between education and a better life
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment