Objective: Beat the winter cold by chaperoning a participant of one of our Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes on a trip to Como Conservatory.
- You will pick our participant up from their AFC and take them on an outing to Como Conservatory and then return them home when finished.
- An introductory meeting will take place at the AFC, prior to the outing, so the participant may meet you ahead of time. Our Volunteer Coordinator will let you know if the participant wants to go on the outing.
- We ask that you call the participant the day of the outing to remind/confirm that you’re meeting that day and then later confirm the activity with the Volunteer Coordinator after it has happened. If you do not receive confirmation of the outing from the participant, you may assume it is not on for that day.
Qualifications: Are you a caring individual aged 18+, with a clean criminal record, who would like to spend some time enjoying Como Conservatory with someone who lives with a mental diagnosis? You will need to pass background checks and orientation/training which CIP will provide and perform.
Training & Preparation for the job: You will go through training & orientation at CIP. You will be trained in all aspects needed for your volunteer opportunity, especially Vulnerable Adult and HIPAA training. Background/driving record checks and training usually takes 1.5 - 2 hours.
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- MN Science Museum Chaperone - AFC
- Caponi Art Park Chaperone
- Minnehaha Falls Hike Chaperone
- ASL Interpreter Volunteer
- Volunteer Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Self-Advocacy Leader
- AFC Gardening Chaperone
- Music in the Parks Chaperone
- Como Conservatory Chaperone
- Arboretum Tree House Exhibit...
- Volunteer Receptionist
- Church Ride Chaperone
- State Park Chaperone
- Volunteer Housing Inspector
- MN Arboretum Chaperone
- Movie in the Parks Chaperone
- Como Zoo Chaperone