*Please, provide your phone number in the comments.*
A Donation Program and Inventory Specialist keeps donations in order and insures that each giving item is used to its full potential. A specialist at Beacon of Hope will be in charge of keeping our donation system and inventory record updated as well as receiving donations, assessing donations, seeking new and existing ventures in order to keep the donation stock to a level that responds to our clients’ needs.
- Seeking new and existing donors
- Receiving, assessing the quality and counting donated items
- Ensuring that the organization’s inventory records are accurate
- Organizing the physical space where the donations are kept
- Assisting the team with inventory related reports
- Providing a receipt to donors who request it
- Maintaining building security by insuring that all doors stay locked at all times. Volunteers will never be alone in the building.
- Supporting other staff and volunteers as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and care of the Center’s offices
- Supporting other areas whenever possible.
- Organization skills
- General math skills
- Data Entry skills
- Sales skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (while organizing donations, this may be necessary - one can always seek help from the team and other props will be available)
- Positive attitude with callers, clients, staff and volunteers
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and adherence to confidentiality and boundaries
- Punctuality and dependability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent typing skills
- Commitment to non-violent and cooperative work environment
- Commitment to providing quality and equitable services to all clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, age or sexual orientation
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to do online research
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in the business field OR previous experience with inventory, nonprofits or business
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reporting & Dashboards
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hrs/week is preferred, but we're open to all.
- To be considered, please leave your phone number in the comment section when you apply!
- Grant Writing Assistant
- Court Accompaniment Assistant
- Employment Assistant
- Crisis Call Intake Specialist
- Foster Pet Program Assistant
- Marketing and Social Media...
- BOARD MEMBER
- Foster Pet Caregiver
- Event Volunteer
- CEO's Personal Assistant
- Reception and Filing Assistant
- Donation Program and Inventory...
- Cleaning Service- Volunteer