A volunteer is needed to offer American Sign Language interpretation support for a Germantown parent in the Early Head Start home-based services program of Family Services. Early Head Start serves low-income families with children from birth to three years and pregnant women who reside in the up-county area of Montgomery County.
The volunteer would be needed to assist with the following:
- Home visits, Mondays from 3:00-4:30pm
- Group social every other Friday from 10am-12pm at the Early Head Start office
- Evening events, which may be scheduled on either a Monday or Wednesday from 5:30-7:30pm
- American Sign Language interpretation skills
- Dependability and flexibility
- Respectful adherence to confidentiality
The volunteer will always be in the presence of an EHS staff member when offering sign language interpretation support.
Age Requirement: 21 years of age and older
- American Sign Language
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 6-month commitment to help several times a month.
- Completion and submission of a FSI Volunteer Application and fingerprinting for background checks.