Venice Family Clinic is currently seeking volunteers and interns to assist the Development team! The development team supports Venice Family Clinic's mission to provide quality healthcare for the underserved community by raising funds from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies.
Assist with organizing, planning and executing fundraising events, such as Children’s Holiday Movie, Silver Circle Gala, Sack Lunch Series and Venice Art Walk & Auctions. Duties will include researching prospective venues, vendors, partners and celebrity guests, soliciting gift bag and auction items and supporting events. The internship requires working occasional nights and weekends to execute events. Previous experience in event planning, marketing, public relations or non-profit is preferred, but not required. Interns are asked to work 10-20 hours per week and hours may be flexible based on schedule.
Individual and Corporate Philanthropy:
Assist with Venice Family Clinic’s individual (annual giving and major gifts) and corporate philanthropy programs, including donor research, prospecting, outreach to community groups, donor engagement and organizing donor events. Candidates will demonstrate experience managing multiple tasks while having a keen attention to detail and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Specific duties include:
- Researching fundraising opportunities
- Cold calling potential donors
- Tracking progress on MS Excel spreadsheets and donor tracking software
- General administrative support to Venice Family Clinic's Development Department
Assist with the development team with their donor database by up-keeping donor records and constructing donor acknowledgement letters. This opportunity is great for anyone interested in Non-profit Management and would like to gain Raiser Edge skills.
If interested, send your resume and cover letter describing your role preference, availability, interests and qualifications for this role to VFC's Volunteer Services Manager, Cassie Roque, at VFCvolunteer@mednet.ucla.edu.
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours per week
- Volunteer Podiatrists Needed for...
- Fundraising Volunteers and...
- Patient Centered Medical Home...
- Admin Volunteer Needed for...
- Med Students, RNs, MPHs, and...
- Architecture Tour Intern for...
- Volunteer Psychiatrists Needed...
- Special Events Volunteers and...
- Ophthalmologists and...
- Spanish-Speaking Intern Needed...