Want to volunteer for an environmental nonprofit organization and make a difference for future generations? Need to obtain an environmental internship to boost your college or post graduate resume?
Then join the Gunpowder Valley Conservancy (GVC) and become a highly valued volunteer leader in our Reforestation Program. GVC is seeking Tree Planting Crew Chiefs beginning this April. See job description below:
- Looking for outgoing, reliable, responsible, and hard working persons, age 17+ to lead a group/"crew" of 6 to 12 volunteers.
- Learn and follow the Gunpowder Valley Conservancy planting and tree maintenance procedures and policies
- Educate volunteers on the benefits of planting trees
- Demonstrate to a volunteer group the proper techniques of planting trees
- Commit to 2 to 6 plantings each planting season (spring/fall), 5 hours each planting on Saturdays
To learn more or sign up, contact Peg Perry, Program Director for GVC at email@example.com or call 410-692-0468.
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Minimum: 2 Saturdays in April (5 hours/each event)
- Physically able to plant trees