HELPING OTHERS--HELP OTHERS
The Volunteer Resource Coordinator is responsible for helping to schedule volunteers for our various programs (except HersheyPark), maintaining our VolunteerMatch database, our online Volgistics volunteer management database and coordinating with our social media team to recruit new volunteers. The Volunteer Resource Coordinator will also communicate with new volunteers, welcome them to our organization and make certain they have the necessary online safety and administrative training.
- Provide fresh fruits and vegetables to homeless shelters, soup kitchens and food banks in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties, and
- Encourage at-risk children and families to engage in healthy lifestyles including consuming fresh fruits and vegetables and to become educated in sustainable living.
HOW WE ADDRESS IMMEDIATE NEEDS
- We purchase produce from local sources and collect fresh produce from local donor gardeners. We distribute the produce free of charge to soup kitchens, shelters and food banks.
- We also operate an All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market where school-age children can pick and choose their own produce to take home to supplement weekend feeding programs with an added educational component.
The volunteer job can be shared with more than one person.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
- Child Welfare
- Event Design & Planning
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.
- All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market-...
- Reverse Food Truck - Volunteers...
- Produce Auction Night--Great Fun!
- Manager, Community Outreach
- Grant Writing for Good
- Volunteer Resource Coordinator
- Event Tabling--Sounds Boring,...
- Manager, Social Media
- Coordinator, All Kids Farmer's...
- Do you like working on trucks?...
- Free HersheyPark Tickets To...
- Co-Chairs, Mobile Market...