Veteran's Resources Advisor
37 people are interested
The City of Commerce Library is looking to hire volunteers to operate the Veterans Resource Center as a Veterans Resources Advisor. If you are interested in assisting Veterans and their families by identifying their benefits and services they need and are eligible, please contact us.
- Provide veteran benefits and local service information to veterans and family members, and links to other organizations serving veterans especially local County Veteran Service Offices, CalVet and the Federal VA.
- Increase California veteran benefit claims.
- Connect veterans and their families to library resources.
In order to meet these goals, participating libraries provide Veteran Resource Centers with regular open hours and staffed by trained volunteers, collections of books and other resources for veterans, websites with links to local veterans resources, and access to computer equipment for extended periods in order to complete online applications and do research.Minimum of one 3 hour shift per week. We would like volunteers during the Rosewood Library's open hours, you may choose from the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 10:00am-5:00pm
- Friday: 11:00am- 2:00pm
- Saturday: 10am- 2:00pm
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
City of Commerce Public Library5655 Jillson St.Commerce, CA 90040
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3hrs/week - 6 months
- Basic computer skills a must, be friendly, and ambitious towards helping others