Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
All recruitment activities and events are being done virtually at this time due to COVID-19. In the future there will be opportunities for community engagement as well.
Works under the direction of the Sr. Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to recruit volunteers across the region. Helps to target specific groups of people to fill the open High-Need positions. Love networking? Have contacts in a specific organization, school or company? Are you great at Social Media?
* Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
* Meets weekly with Volunteer recruitment team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
* Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
* Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
* Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
* Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
* Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
* Advertises and markets for open-call events.
* Assists new volunteers with initial online intake steps (i.e. submitting their online application)
* Able to work independently and provide feedback
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.