Do you enjoy helping others? Do you wish to give back to the community? Would you like to help the future adluts of our world? If so, we are the perfect place for you to volunteer.
SafeHouse of the Desert is a shelter for youth in crisis serving ages 11-17 years old.
While at SafeHouse you will have the oppertunity to gain experiance in the child care field in the setting of a crisis shelter and counseling program. We also hope to provide our interns/externs with exposure to all of the agencies we work with including, but not limited to Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement, Probation Departments and the Rape Crisis Center. Interns/Externs will be trained for all of their position responsibilities and they will continue to receive training throughout their internship/externship.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- TB test and Background checks are at the expense of the intern/extern.
- Are you an Extreme Couponer?
- Youth Counselor Intern/Extern
- Heroes in Recovery Golf...
- The Great Inflatable Race -...
- COOK NEEDED
- Yoga Instructor
- Booth Representative
- Knitting Teacher
- Kids Entertainment
- Graphic Designer
- Summer Activities
- Help bring our Garden back to...
- Group Activities
- Volunteer Needed - The Great...
- BNI Golf Tournament - Volunteers...
- Volunteers needed to assist...
- Help Stuff the Bus