Verbattle Foundation is seeking an intern(s) to help develop social enterprise campaigns in a bid to successfully generate revenue to support its programs and become more sustainable.
The Fundraising Intern will be a full-time internship based in our New Delhi and Bengaluru offices. The Intern will work closely with the Program Officer and will support the development of new opportunities to achieve Verbattle's strategic priorities.
The Intern will be responsible for researching and synthesizing Indian government and international policy and funding initiatives as well as emergent topics in education and international development (e.g. SDGs, collective action).
Additionally, the Intern will support proposal and partnership development, advocacy and communications initiatives, as well as program development.
Business Development/Strategic Partnerships
- Developing a fundraising matrix and creating a fundraising pitch presentation for the organisation.
- Research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
- Write key sections of grant proposals and donor reports, including conducting background research and developing M&E frameworks.
- Assist with the strategic development of new partnerships with a variety of educational, government, corporate, and foundation donors and NGOs; specific deliverables may include detailed prospect research, a donor cultivation strategy, and tailored program initiatives.
- Research institutional prospects and identify new opportunities for Verbattle to share knowledge with the larger scholar community through virtual and in-person events across India.
- Interest in a career in NGO business development and/or education sector.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a graduate or undergraduate degree program in a business related curriculum. Preferred curriculums include: Non-Profit Management, Operations and Logistics, Marketing, Professional Selling, Management, Business Administration, Business Development etc.
- A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must
- Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interface with colleagues and external constituents.
- Capacity to contact and interact openly, honestly, and professionally with individuals in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to conduct high quality research and present complex ideas in written and verbal formats.
- Prior professional or internship experience in the fields of education, business development, and/or international development is a plus.
- Exceptional detail orientation.
- Superior organizational and planning skills for balancing multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
This opportunity will benefit those seeking a challenging career in international development, education sector, and/or grant and proposal writing. You will gain hands-on experience working at a non-profit organization and collaborating with a team of driven professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 Months- 12 Months