Fayetteville Urban Ministry
Administrative Assistant Volunteer Requirements
Objective: To provide assistance to Fayetteville Urban Ministry (FUM) Staff/Operations
1. Staff the reception area and answer incoming telephone calls.
2. Greet and direct visitors.
3. Provide resource information as needed.
4. Dress appropriately for a casual and active office setting
5. Notify us if you are unable to come in. Call your supervisor at 910-483-5944. Failure to call in three (3) times can result in termination. If you do not get a live voice, you must leave a message.
6. Confidentiality:FUM related information is confidential and should not be discussed with others.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. A serious commitment to FUM, its mission and its clients.
3. Must have a pleasant telephone voice, good listening skills and patience with diverse groups.
4. Complete a volunteer application.
Training and Preparation:
1. Tour and orientation.
2. Receptionist training - 30 minutes
1. A serious commitment to FUM, its mission and its clients.
2. Dress appropriately for a casual and active office setting.
3. Accomplish tasks assigned in a satisfactory manner.
4. Notify us if you are unable to come in. Call 910-483-5944. Failure to call in 3 times can result in termination. If you do not get a live voice, you must leave a message.
5. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by parent
6. Must maintain a positive attitude that encourages team work, peace and joy in the work place.
8. Must refrain from negative or illegal activity, use of profanity, gossip, fighting or arguments.
**All volunteers are required to wear face coverings and practice social distancing. Anyone entering a FUM facility will have a mandatory temperature check.**
About Fayetteville Urban Ministry
1171 Whitfield St., PO Box 1171, Fayetteville, NC 28302, US
Our mission is to show God's compassion for our neighbors in need, and thus build our community together.
Fayetteville Urban Ministry is an inter-faith ecumenical community organization that offers people of all faiths a worthy mission to join together and help those in need in Cumberland County, North Carolina.
Urban Ministry offers four programs: Emergency Assistance (Food, Clothing, and School Unifroms), Adult Reading, Find-a-Friend (Youth Mentorship) and the Nehemiah Project (Home Repairs). These programs work together to give the gift of a better life to those in need.