1. Meets in the Library with a reading buddy (child in preschool through 3rd grade).
2. Supports Library staff in scheduling the reading session with the reading buddy.
3. Assists Library staff with selection of reading material to be used which is appropriate for the child’s instructional level and is of interest to the child.
4. Fluently reads aloud to reading buddy and engages in conversations that support child’s comprehension and vocabulary development.
5. Listens to a child who is able to read aloud, and aids with fluency and comprehension as needed.
6. Keeps the reading buddy engaged and interested throughout the session.
7. Assists library staff in developing conversation prompts to use with books, and other plan learning activities to support reading development (games, crafts, etc.)
8. Helps with set-up and clean-up for the reading buddy meeting.
9. Performs other various volunteer duties as assigned.
- Reading Buddies
- Tuesday May 16 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday May 23 rd - 3:30pm
- Tuesday May 30 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday June 6 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday June 13 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday June 20 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday June 27 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday July 11 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday July 18 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday July 25 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday August 1 st - 3:30pm
- Tuesday August 8 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday August 15 th - 3:30pm
- Tuesday August 22 nd - 3:30pm
If interested please apply at http://daytonmetrolibrary.org./about-us/volunteer. For questions contact Dave Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.496.8638
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Shifts last up to 1 hour