The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) holds regular events which can range from workshops to fundraising efforts. The AAA needs assistance with all aspects of event planning and execution.
Event volunteers assist on the day of for various events carried out by the Mid-Columbia Coucil of Governments’ Area Agency on Aging. Volunteers assist with set-up, guest assistance and registration or clean up. Volunteers may also choose to be involved in event planning.
Event volunteers work under the direction of various AAA staff or other volunteers who will provide task-specific training.
Event volunteers have the opportunity to work on a number of rewarding projects, meet some new people, learn new skills, and gain some fantastic work experience while supporting older adults living in the community. Additionally, volunteering:
- Builds lasting friendships
- Increases your social & relationship skills
- Combats depression
- Increases self-confidence
- Helps you stay physically healthy
- Increases knowledge of community resources
- Can help you feel needed & valued
- Helps you make a difference in your community
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours day of event