WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6405 Metcalf Ave.Suite 204Mission, KS 66202
The National Kidney Foundation Serving Kansas, Western Missouri & Oklahoma seeks a media volunteer to assist with public relations, communications and marketing for local special events and other community-based awareness campaigns. Requires approximately 6-8 hours of volunteer activity per month, majority of hours to be completed from home. This is a great opportunity to meet and work with local media outlets and expand your resume.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Media Volunteers send out press releases or media advisories to local reporters and conduct pre- and post event phone calls to news outlets. A list of contacts will be provided along with all contact information.
- In most cases, Media Volunteers are also provided with needed materials including template press releases, talking points and media advisories per event.
- Media Volunteers will participate in monthly conference calls with the National Office Marketing and Communications department to learn about the specific initiatives, share success stories, and receive help and guidance with publicizing the local initiatives.
- College students or adults with background or interest in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism.
- High School students studying public relations may be considered on a case by case basis. Must be at least 17 years old.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Alexandra Garrick, Executive Director | 913-262-1551 ext. 471 | email@example.com
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours monthly