We have two new opportunities for volunteers to help us by picking up donated food (A.K.A. Rescue Food) from two different retail sites. One site is in Eagan and the other is in Savage. We anticipate that volunteers will prefer to pick up at one location or the other, not both. Because these are new pick up requests from the stores and we have not started this process with them yet, we do not have specific days and times established, therefore we can be flexible with your availability.
Duties to include:
- Pick-ups happen in the mornings, typically sometime between 8 am and 10 am. Currently we can be flexible based on your availability.
- You will need to use your own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- You will go to the pick-up site to pick up the donated food and immediately bring it back to the 360 Communities Burnsville Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Available Shifts: We are in the initial stages of conversation with both locations and are not sure if there will be an opportunity to pick up food two or three mornings per week. The approximate, anticipated time line is 8 am to 10 am. Please note, the actual hours may vary depending on the amount of rescue food to pick up. For example it may only take an hour some days so then you would be done at 9 am (you would not need to stay until 10 am).
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- minimum of one shift per week preferred