Major Function and Purpose: Will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop fundraising and resource development efforts in support of Redemption Housing’s services in Philadelphia, PA.
Summary: Primary responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to funding opportunity announcements from private foundations and corporate giving programs. Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word and Excel) and database management skills. Work is performed under broad direction of the Executive Director, with the majority of work performed independently.
Essential Job Functions:
* Research grant programs and plans;
* Draft funding proposals/applications;
* Write or assist the Executive Director in preparing proposals/applications;
* Edit draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity, and submittal of all required data - in accordance with grant requirements;
* Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures;
* Knowledge of grant application process and writing of proposals;
* Knowledge of various grant programs available to Philadelphia area nonprofits;
* Excellent organization skills;
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities;
* Ability to take initiative and work independently in preparing grant applications;
* Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects;
* Ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements;
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week