Are you ready to apply your story-telling experience to social good? Want to publish content that is inspiring and informative about social causes, doing good, volunteering and giving? Want to create a community a do-gooders around social good? Join us, as a volunteer managing editor.
We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee GreatNonprofits' daily web publishing operations. GreatNonprofits is a website with more than 6 million annual visitors who are looking for information and inspiration on how to get connected to worthy nonprofits.
The Managing Editor will be supervise other volunteer writers, editors and designers and ensure that users of the site get informed and get inspired to do good.
A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
- Plan and manage blog articles
- Hire and supervise our team of volunteer writers.
- Determine online content and topics
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Oversee schedules
- Ensure consistent quality, style and tone.
- Proven experience as online content editor
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress
- Deep understanding of how SEO content drives traffic and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8 Hours/ week with minimum 6 months of commitment