Volunteers are a vital resource for our nonprofit hospice. Volunteers provide social visits for patients; playing games, reading, and just keeping good company. Volunteers typically visit once/week for about 1 hour, with the ability to do more if you wish, the schedule is flexible and great for working people and students! Please see below for complete position description. Thank you for your interest! For more information: www.HalcyonHospice.org or email Megan at email@example.com
Companion Volunteer Position Description
Varies depending on the care facility
Duties & Responsibilities:
Visit patients who are in a care facility, on a regular basis, to provide socialization and support. Sit and visit with the patient, read to, go outside or help with an activity.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding and knowledge of the grief process. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile insurance
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Orientation & Training:
typically visit patients once/week for 1-2 hours
schedule is flexible and accomodating
Attend required agency training course.
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- drug screening, TB test
- Music Enrichment/Therapy...
- Music Enrichment Volunteer...
- Music Therapy Volunteers needed...
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Volunteers needed for Nonprofit...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Volunteer Visitors Needed For...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer...
- Volunteer Visitors Needed for...
- Companion Volunteers Needed for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Administrative Assistant Needed...
- Licensed Cosmetologist Wanted to...